Function of the LCM
Core Function of Liberia Coordinating Mechanism
1. The primary functions of the LCM shall be to:
- Coordinate the development and submission of Liberia’s national proposals for consideration of the Global Fund.
- Nominate Principal Recipient/s to execute grants awarded by the Global Fund.
- Oversee implementation of approved grants, approve re-programming of activities as required and submit requests for continued funding to the Global Fund.
- Ensure linkages and consistency between Global Fund Grants and other national health and development programs in Liberia.
2. Under the Global Fund New Funding Model, the LCM shall assume a stronger leadership role by undertaking the following:
- Meaningfully participate in the processes leading to the development of the National Strategic Plan (NSP)
- Plan and convene stakeholders consultations to ensure inclusive country dialogue in the development of Global Fund proposals and agree on the funding split between the diseases – AIDS, TB, and Malaria